Pathfinder: New Galaxy
Star Ship Home Page
General Star Ship Rules:
- All Star Ships of Frigate Size or larger have galleys that can cook enough food for the entire crew. These spaces are cramped and utilitarian.
- All ships are assumed to have enough space to house a full crew with moderate comfort most often with two or three crewmen to a single room sharing bunks.
- To use a Star Ship’s computer systems requires that the user have at least one rank in Knowledge (Engineering) and be able to make a DC 10 check, which in most cases the character is assumed to be taking 10. If the user does not have at least 1 rank in Knowledge (Engineering) he takes a -10 to all checks he performs.
- When Rolling a Maneuver check for initiative in combat, the captain rolls.
- When Rolling a Maneuver check for any other reason than initiative in combat the Helmsmen rolls.
- When Making a Stealth check using a cloak the Engineer rolls.
- When Calculating FTL courses the Navigator rolls.
- When using Sensors the Ship’s Science Officer rolls.
- When Firing weapons the Ships Security Officer rolls.
- When in combat both the ship and all it’s crew have a standard and move action. The ship’s crew go in order of rank for their initiative.
- When attempting a Craft (Technological Item) to repair a disabled system any crewman may attempt the roll, and any number may aid.
- Upon becoming a ship’s captain that character gains a Command Feat and a Command Tactic. Also every four levels after that he gains either another Command Feat or Command Tactic.